Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The Lowbrow *** 3/5 stars

Take note: Thanks to Bridget and Jeff, I now have a star rating system...



I can see the Lowbrow from my house. Well, not quite, but it's over the bridge and up the hill, and as far as I know, they're not harboring any nuclear weapons, other than bomb ass good breakfast.



I should have probably asked what is up with this weird badger face. But I didn't. I wonder, is it the honey badger?



The Lowbrow is part grandma's kitchen, part upscale diner and part gastro pub all held together by some creepy, eccentric, psycho, hillbilly cabin in the woods vibe.



WTF.



Okay, I feel better because I know inbred, recluse murderers don't sip Sophia mango mimosas... or do they?



The bloody is made with sake because they have no hard liquor license = boo. But, get this, it's actually the best sake bloody I've had in town...really spicy and jalapeno-y.



Brunchitizer = blueberry buttermilk pancake. The sign don't lie. Best pancakes. Best of what, I don't know, but they're the best I've had in a while... I'm wondering how long they're gonna be able to offer the MN harvested maple syrup. I heard it was a bad year for syrup with the early spring weather. You'll gasp in horror, but I actually prefer the fake stuff.



Jalapeno hash...



Veggie scramble. I get this every time. I want to try the p-nut butter, bacon, banana grilled sandwich, but I just haven't been that hung over...



I dig this custom wallpaper. Sooper hawt.



Those purple pants are a nicht, nicht.



You know a place is cool when this sweet International is parked outside...



Then it was time for a trip to Sister Fun - which is almost never open, but today, we got lucky.



As you can see, it's really fun in here...



The Lowbrow is a Kingfield neighborhood staple. You should probably go there.

No comments:

Post a Comment