Monday, January 27, 2014

Parka **2.5/5 stars


Parka is a trendy little cafe down on east lake that I'd been hearing good things about. A concept of the Victory 44 peeps, I had to see for myself.


Very much a casual cafe atmosphere rather than a restaurant vibe...it's bright and warm in here. The cafe adjoins a tres chic fashion and home goods boutique...we'll get to that in a minute...



Order at the counter and sit style. The menu is pretty tradish, featuring simple comfort foods like oatmeal, egg sandwiches, farm breakfast, mac and cheese. Bacon wrapped dates add some flair. Don't forget the Dogwood coffee, gurrrrl.
 

Beer and wine only. Kel had this lingonberry mimosa. Sweet. Too sweet? Maybe? I drank the town last night. I needed coffee. The coffee is killa good.


Chalk drawing above our table.
Nicki likes it strong and black.
So, Kel got the Maple Grilled Cheese with pickled apple and bacon, which she enjoyed.


Nick got the eggwhich with some pubic greens. Underwhelming.


I needed some mouth to mouth from a bacon cheeseburger and bacon fries. My heart is cramping just looking at this. And it wasn't that great, honestly. That bun tasted like it came from a cheap plastic bag with polka dots. The bacon powder on the fries tasted like nothing. What a waste of my burger hall pass.


And Nicky got the Farm breakfast, which was no bueno. Soggy hashbrowns and under-cooked eggs...


But, OMG, there's an old snowmobile on the ceiling!!! Totes adorbs. I'm not even mad.


I think parka is great if you live in the neighborhood and coffee and over-priced thrift store knock-offs are your main priorities. That was harsh...Forage is pretty neat.
I leave you with the swag...



If you're jonesing for a hand-stitched iPhone case made of recycled military fabric, an indian chief blanket for your nursery or an ironic animal print with a geometric thread pattern... look no further. Forage is a fitting compliment to the quasi-pretentious, yet totes adorbs Parka cafe.


Flat furniture. So mod.
Nature. It's so...unnatural.

SUP


No comments:

Post a Comment