Monday, December 31, 2012

Bad Eggs 2012 in Review

As 2012 is quickly slipping out the back door, I am sitting here, pondering my biggest successes and failures. One of my goals this year was to start a blog about brunch. Success! It's been great fun stuffing my face with huevos and sharing it with all y'all. I did, however, fail at making out with Ryan Gosling. I remain positive that this goal with some day come to fruition. You can achieve anything you put your mind to, kids! So, as an end-o-year tribute to my favorite MPLS brunches and my biggest failures of 2012, here's my top five favorite dishes...that I would love to eat off of Ryan Gosling's abs:

#5. Eat Street Social - Lobster & Eggs


Pretty much the best combination ever invented...sweet and tender lobster folded into soft scrambled eggs on a buttery croissant with a beautiful, simple green salad. Wash it down with one of their awesome bloody marys or the salty dog (grapefruit, vodka and bitters). Freaking awesome. 

#4. Lucky's 13 - Walleye Benedict


So, yeah, it's in the burbs. But I swear this is the best benny in the tri-county area. Beautifully fried walleye with perfectly poached eggs on light, fluffy corn cakes. Bam.

#3. The Lowry - Shirred Eggs


Eggs, ham, mushrooms, swiss, truffle, cream... Heaven isn't too far away...

#2. Lowbrow - Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes


The best cakes in town. For sure. Super light, fluffy, buttery. Awesome. Get a little can of Sophia to add to your O.J. and call it a day.

#1. The Kenwood - Steak & Eggs


I'll never look at steak and eggs the same way again. I'd might choose this meal over Ryan Gosling. Now THAT is some seriously good breakfast.

Best wishes for the new year. May all your poached eggs be runny, your hashbrowns crispy and your mimosas 75/25.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment