Thursday, March 13, 2014

Union **2.5/5 stars

So if you want a club-style breakfast, and honey you KNOW I do, roll on down to Union on a Sunday for their Champagne Brunch. We got the cheapy  2-for-40 living social coupon, but if you high roll, you can get bottle service: $65 Veuve Clicquot & $75 Grey Goose. I mean WOW, what a great deal! Let me just put that on my black AmEx.



The Union rooftop is actually rather charming on a cold winter's day. We navigated the empty downstairs dinging room and climbed the 3 flights of stairs to sunshine fun time. The first thing you notice is the thumping bass from the club-quality sound system. Amazingly, I have no headache this morning. I can get down with this.


Our server suggested that the champagne was "cheap" so we'd better pair it with some orange juice. Ha. We did and it was a great accompaniment to our fresh peach scones. YOW! I could have eaten a baker's dozen. Note: they also have a $10 bloody that comes with a burger on the skewer. No messin' around so far!



Since we had a groupon, we were instructed to order the most expensive thing on the menu, so Bridget and I went with the $25 lobster benny. Nicki, always adventurous, got the eggs, potatoes and bacon. 


We were chair dancing and checking out the eye candy while waiting for our food. I forget that this part of downtown is usually full of beautiful, well-groomed men. Men who mostly dig other men. Sad for all of us single straight girls, but I appreciate anyone who knows how to use product and pop a collar.


The food came. It was beautiful, but to be honest, not amazing. This whole dish was cold and the lobster was a bit tough. However, the salad was lovely.


Nicki's food was great. The potatoes were mui bueno. I'm still hungry; I want more scones.



I could see how the retractable roof could be even more enticing in the summer months, but Union is probably not worth the price you pay to park downtown and drink a $40 bottle of $5 champagne. But if continuing the party is your intention, Union is the best after after party in town. Ciao, bitches.


No comments:

Post a Comment