Sunday, January 15, 2012

Wise Acre ** 2/5 stars



“When you wake up in the morning, Pooh," said Piglet at last,
"what's the first thing you say to yourself?"

"What's for breakfast?" said Pooh. "What do you say, Piglet?"

"I say, I wonder what's going to happen exciting today?" said Piglet.

Pooh nodded thoughtfully. "It's the same thing," he said.”


-A.A. Milne





Wise Acre, located next to and furnished lavishly with seasonal planters and bouquets from Tangle Town gardens, gets an "A" for atmosphere. And that is where it ends...





Having tried WA once already for dinner, and having not been entirely impressed, we thought we'd give brunch a shot. Trust me, after falling in love with the ambiance, decor and our handsome server (Brandon might disagree here), I was ready to have my tastebuds molested by fresh, local, organic ingredients from Tangletown Gardens' Farm in Plato, MN. We ordered, and the CSA hash was delivered...




Gorgeous presentation! Now I have to get critical...
The main problem with Wise Acre's dishes, is that they seem to believe that fresh, organic meals should taste, well, like they came straight out of the dirt... The veggies, although cooked, were very close to raw. So nothing really "melded" together as I believe a hash should. For $12 that's only one scrambled egg. The toast was dry and we weren't offered anything to smear onto it. All in all, a disappointing, disjointed, expensive meal.



Sorry, Wise Acre, I really want to love you, but your chunky produce leaves me raw with desire for something...anything else. We won't be back...

No comments:

Post a Comment